Job Title: Software Tester/ QA
Salary: On Application
Work for a global energy company with a local concerns, on projects that matter!
We are looking for someone who is inquisitive and analytical, with an excellent attention to detail and passion for quality.
Working in a small agile team, you will primarily be testing our own internal developments, working closely with the on-site developers, business analysts, project manager and business users.
· Work as part of a small agile team as a Software Test Engineer / Software Tester.
· Have knowledge or experience using V model, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
· Work with the team to ensure that all issues are tested correctly in each sprint.
· Collaborate closely with developers and business analysts to agree test scenarios and expected results.
· Create manual test cases to cover current sprint development, while maintaining an overall manual regression test suite.
· Participate proactively in team meetings.
· Identify test data requirements.
· Assist with End to End testing when required
· Assist with UAT when required.
· Provide support for any Production Issues raised.
· Have the ability to react quickly to change.
Essential skills and Experience:
· 3-5 years experience in an Information Technology environment, ideally specialising in Software Testing.
· An understanding of SQL
· Management and ownership of defects/issues from conception to closure
· Excellent communication skills
· Awareness of test automation and the benefits of test automation.
· Continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous delivery.
· Use of test management tools, such as MS Test Manager, Jira, HipTest, Quality Center
Desirable skills and Experience:
· Experience testing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Financials / Microsoft AX 2009
· Experience of open source tools. (GIT, Confluence, Jira. BitBucket)
· Implementation of test automation
· Experience in energy (i.e. Power, Gas, Water) / utility sectors