Systems Support Analyst
City Center Glasgow
Salary up to GBP45,000 plus benefits
This is a new opportunity which has been created to support the Finance division of this Global Engineering company based in City Center Glasgow.
The division manages analysis of change requests, development, testing and promoting content through to Production. In addition, the division is responsible for system readiness for each reporting cycle as well as managing user security, which includes a bi-annual internal security review and acting as primary liaison for external auditors, and providing general support and training.
The functional role of FST is to ensure that FPM is adequately managed and that users receive effective customer service in response to issues and/or change requests, whilst ensuring that documented procedures are adhered to.
This role will contribute to all finance responsibilities and report to the Group Finance Systems Manager.
· To support Group Finance in their monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reporting responsibilities through undertaking system readiness tasks and query resolution, and in other ad hoc areas as required;
· To investigate user reported issues and manage these efficiently and effectively to resolution; logging user issues, liaising with other team members and/or departments in order to ensure the user is provided with a timely response; collating and regular reporting of user issue statistics and outstanding issues;
· To ensure access is appropriately controlled and regularly reviewed; adhering to user security change procedures; carrying out a twice yearly internal security review; assessing the impact of entity change requests on user security; maintaining the user security Access database; maintaining the user email distribution list;
· To log change requests, assist as required with change impact assessments; providing reports for team meetings and Change Control Board meetings;
· To devise test plans and perform system testing as required ensuring results are clearly documented;
· To carry out minor technical development work, ensuring change control is adhered to; co-ordinating appropriate test activities; working through the entire development life cycle following best practice and standards;
· To provide necessary change control evidence to external auditors as part of the external audit process at the half and full year;
· To contribute to updating system admin documentation as required;
· To contribute to updating end-user documentation as required and ensuring that user training needs are met;
Education and/or Experience:
Experience of financial consolidation systems, Cognos Controller preferred;
Experience of reporting writing, Cognos BI preferred;
Knowledge of TM1 would be an advantage.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
Advanced in MS office suite (2010) - Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint;
Understanding of business intelligence principles desirable but not essential;
Understanding of structured change management desirable but not essential;
Understanding of structured software delivery lifecycle desirable but not essential.
Experience of working in an international environment;
Willing to demonstrate flexibility in working hours when required.